Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Straightforward

Earlier today an elderly woman here in town contacted me and asked me to come to her house to take photos of her beautiful lilies. I went over around 6:30, hoping the sun would be low enough to make some pretty light. Sure enough, it worked nicely. But some of the flowers were not in the shade yet, so I had to make the shade with my body. I didn't have my tripod with me--big mistake, and because I had to use my body to create the shade, I didn't have the luxury of moving around and getting different angles. So these are all straightforward shots--BUT, the flowers are sooooo beautiful I hope that compensates a little for the lack of creative angles.




3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Your hard work paid off..these are beautiful. The positioning of the flowers in the last two photos is creative and makes the flowers interesting.

Bridget said...

very beautiful,sharp images.
all great!
i am sure that your friend will be pleased with the results!

ninth sunn said...

Great collection of your flowers. I love your frames for the last two.