Tuesday, July 21, 2009

These Were Supposed to Be Waterfall Pictures!

Our group, MVP, had a fieldtrip scheduled today. We were planning on going to the Plotter Kill Preserve to spend some quality time in the great-outdoors and practice our slow shutter -speed-for-waterfalls techniques.

Ah!! but nature had something else planned for us. RAIN!! As if we need more right now. It held off for most of the day, but then it reared it's ugly little head in mid-afternoon. I'm thinking that maybe we should be investing in waterproof cameras, what do you think?

Anyway, on my way to work this morning, I took a road I don't usually travel on. There was, I must admit, a sign saying that there was "road work ahead". I blew it off and went down that road anyway. Not too smart, you say? Well, you're right, it wasn't too smart. When I got to within .1-.2 miles before the end of the road, the traffic came to a complete stop--you know, one of those guys (or gals) standing there with the red sign that says STOP on one side and SLOW on the other.

Well, for some reason the SLOW sign didn't show up for a veeerrrrry, very long time. As I was sitting there, wondering why my brain hadn't been in gear when I turned onto this road, it suddenly occurred to me to get out the trusty point and shoot. (I also haven't been able to figure out why it took me so long to come to that conclusion).

So instead of photos of beautiful, dreamy, cascading waterfalls surrounded by luxurious foliage on all sides, you get this today--construction, the inside of my car, and another funky license plate.

Maybe someday next week we'll make it to the Plotter Kill. Who knows, we might be able to get here by boat if this weather keeps up!







4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Sorry things got rained out! Glad to see your documentation of the slow traffic!

trishalyn said...

A great lesson...always, ALWAYS have a camera with you!!! Loved your "stuck in construction" images! Wonderful color and super compositions...great job!!! P.S. I see you made lemonade yesterday, too! :-)

Bridget said...

i can just see you in your car stuck in traffic and "playing " with your camera.
nice jobb of saving the day and making creative use of your enforced down time.

philmary said...

I go with Bridget ..The world is your oyster...I think that means it is all right here