Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008

This has been one of those days where it's nice just to get cozy (olu olu), curl up on the couch and read. It's cloudy and cool and rainy. Every time I think it's safe to walk the dog, it starts to pour. I thought I saw him crossing his legs waiting for that trip outside. It seems as though today's weather fits the saying that comes from Maine, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute".
I had decided to stay home today and putter. I learned a few new tricks in Photoshop--I won't remember how to do them, but at least I know now that they can be done and I can use the book as reference
I finally managed to take the dog out inbetween the rain showers and also finally remembered to take my camera with me.
There's a park area next to the Mililani Elementary school where I walk with the dog that has a small building with restrooms and this public phone booth. It's so pretty, I almost want to use the phone. I can't help thinking about what the NY phone booths look like... Anyway,



I was looking up the word for phone, but it's not listed in the dictionary that I have. In the process, though, I came across photograph=Kii, to photograph=paikii (pa i ki i), and photographer=Paikii (Pa i ki i)

The house where I'm staying is at the end of a small cul de sac. This is what it looks like from where you turn into it. My house is not visible in this image.




Closer view of my house




I hooked Solomon to the outdoor spigot and tried to get some decent shots of him. He's a sweet boy, but not too responsive. I kept whistling, making funny sounds and trying to sound like a cat--when I did that he looked off toward the street. Go figure.
But at least you can get a good idea of what he looks like.
dog=ilio




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, Gorgeous Pictures and Im so Jealous!! Enjoy!- Steve