Tuesday, January 08, 2008

So it's 7:55 on Tuesday evening. I was going to go to Niskayuna to watch Scott play in a curling competition, since I haven't seen him play once since he began. I was too, humm, what?, stressed maybe? I hadn't even started packing by 5:30 when we were supposed to leave. So I humbly asked him if he would mind if I didn't go, and he said not at all. About an hour later, he called and said it was a good thing we didn't go because he wasn't on the roster to play. See! God works all things out. How frustrating it would have been to have gone for naught!

So I managed to get some things done, and finally get packed. The trick is keeping the luggage to under 50 lbs. I got the larger suitcase to 47--hopefully the scales at the airport will weigh the same as my home scale.

I discovered, when I finally looked closely at my itinerary, that I have exactly 9 minutes (yes, that's NINE minutes) to change planes in Oregon. I have a feeling I won't make it. I just never noticed it when I was purchasing the tickets last summer. Oh well, I've beseeched the Lord to delay the connecting flight. We'll see. It's all in His hands and it will work out perfectly for me and gloriously for Him.

Well, I'm going to see if there's any ice cream left. I'm feeling like I need some comfort food. The next time I post, I might be in Hawaii, so Aloha, Linda

No comments: