Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008

The skys are cloudy and have been all day. Great breeze and it's about 71. Just about perfect. I decided to do some infrared photography today, so I got everything all ready and left all my other equipment home so I would be forced to shoot infrared. As I mentioned, it was cloudy and cloudy is not particularly good for infrared.

So I headed out to the store to buy some things, including groceries, thinking it might be better a little later. It was a great opportunity to practice hyperventilating... Some prices are comparable to the mainland, but others....WOW! (of course, it depends on where you decide to shop--Walmart, Costco, supermarket, etc.) I went to a supermarket because the Walmart I was in didn't have a complete grocery section. So, bananas are $1.09/pound, whole milk is over $8/gallon ( I didn't see exactly how much 'cause once I saw the number 8 I had to look away). Skim milk is just under $5/gallon. Boneless chicken is just about $5/pound, and on and on it goes. Gas, however, is just about a dime more than at home in NY.

Anyway, when I got done with that, it was still too cloudy to shoot so I just came home. I walked the dog and now I'm just puttering.

No comments: