Friday, March 13, 2009

Abandoned Building and Such

While driving along the North Shore, a little farther than I normally do, we came upon this abandoned building, which was originally a Convalescent Home. Apparently there had been a fire.

Driving back, we saw this sight. The surf was exceptionally high today, and it was fun watching these waves soar into the air.

Back in Haleiwa, we passed this shop that sells glass figures, and the glass blower just happened to be "doing his thing".

Some of the items for sale in the shop.

Posted at 6:45 on Friday, March 13, 2009

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Awesome images, Linda! The fire photo made me feel sad, though. But I immediately perked up when I scrolled down and saw the palm trees framed by the window opening! Then my heart just about stopped when I came upon the ocean surf image...I can almost smell the salty air!!! But you didn't stop there...great shot of the glass blower and his wares. I am SO jealous!
:-)

ninth sunn said...

Hey, Thank you for your kind message. I'm well appreciated that. it's always encouraging & motivating after reading people comments. Good or Bad. You always learned a few things from their comments. Thanks again.
I also notice that you're a great writer as well as photographer. I flick back through your previous posts. You have a very inspiring stuff here. It leads me to look in a different angle. Can't wait to see your next blog.
Love your Waves shot by the way. And the seeing through glass shots. Very contemporary.Awesome stuffs!

Bridget said...

the beach shot is so powerful!!!!!
i love the first and last.
great shots.
thanks for another day in paradise:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Very interesting series of pictures here. Im a bit jealous of all the different scenes and activities that you are exposed to.
Luckily I get to share it with you, even if in a small way. Nice photos!