Sunday, March 29, 2009

Faces at Church

I'm posting early today because I'm headed out the door soon and I don't know when I'll be back home and if I'll even feel like posting late tonight. I had my camera at church today (is that a surprise?), and I managed to capture these portraits. This post is mostly for Leah's sake, but it reminds me how much I like to photograph people, especially children.

This little one was born 6 weeks early, and it's the first time since then that the family has been in church. It was so good to have them back and to finally see their new addition.

Then there's Tyson, Mr. Island Boy. He looked so cute today, and his little sandals cracked me up.

These two are so cute. Yuji doesn't give me any trouble when I point the camera at him, but his sister usually runs for the hills. So this is especially precious because she was so cooperative. Great smiles, huh?
Posted at 2 pm on Sunday, March 29, 2009

5 comments:

philmary said...

Beautiful and imaginative positioning of these siblings The black hair and black and white cloths centered by her shoulders and chest is striking

Never Settled said...

Thanks for the pics. I could tell right away who the baby belonged to, and I can't believe how big Ty is getting! I also like the positioning of the last pic.

Bridget said...

the first and last are beautiful!
you should do portraits more often.you do such a great job!

trishalyn said...

The first and last images are my favorites, too. The baby is adorable...and the lighting in that image is SOOOOO lovely! The red brick background in the siblings photo is great...and their smiles are beautiful!
:-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice portraits and fun shots. The smiles are great in the last photo, her hair being the only distraction. I need to learn depth of field with portraits as one is always blurry for me..how do you do it in focus?