Sunday, March 15, 2009

Integrity?? What's That?

This is a terrible photo. But this post is more about the story, than the photo itself for a change. (It's dark and when I used the flash, it was worse than this, so I tried to used ambient light, and this is the best I could get.)

Anyway, I finally had some of my photos printed so I could use them as postcards to send to my friends/family in NY. (not that I waited too long to do this--I might be back in NY before the postcards get there).

I had them done at Walmart---you know, instant gratification and all that. When I went to pick them up tonight, the salesgirl wouldn't give them to me until I verified that I took the photos myself. She had me sign a model release to keep on file and then asked for a business card.

Well, two things went through my mind--

1)Wow, I LOVE this store for protecting my copyrighted images,

and

2)Wow, they think they're good enough to have been done by a professional. That rocks!!
It was just the boost my sagging self-image needed right now.

The point being, that there's someone/something/some business that has some integrity. I don't care how they came by that standard (it is, after all, a law that a professional's photography can't be reproduced without direct permission, otherwise it's considered stolen), it's just a breath of fresh air to know that there are some standards left and that somewhere in this world, they are being upheld.

So there! Got that off my chest.

Posted at 8 pm on Sat., March 14, 2009

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Great story...what a morale booster!!! Now I'm bummed out...Walmart has never asked ME for verification! I love your beautiful postcards....and recognize at least half of the photos (have we seen the sunset and muscle guys images?). I love the addition of "Aloha"...very simple, yet changes the whole composition. Nice background, too...is that a tile floor? Would love to see these postcards in person! :-)

Linda said...

In reference to Trish's questions, the floor is just a linoleum floor and if you haven't seen those exact images on my blog, they are just variations of ones I've posted.

J.L.Velez said...

Here, Here! Yippee for standards in American society. Thought they were all gone. I love that one of the flower, by the way. One of my favorites. Did you get the book?

Bridget said...

that is awesome!!!
your photos are that good.
i hope i get a post card:)