Saturday, March 21, 2009

Honolulu

Spent the day in Honolulu. Don't have time to write more now, check back later today to see if I've added more info. It was beautiful and it was great to be out today. Sun ALL DAY, yahoo!

(text newly added)

I took so many photos today that I had a very hard time deciding which ones to post to give the best representation of the day. I'm not sure I succeeded because we spent some time at the marina (not pictured), at Starbuck's (not pictured), we photographed several very small weddings happening at Magic Island (not pictured), and we had the pleasure of watching/photographing what seemed like a fleet of sailboats return to harbor just before sunset (also not pictured).

But according to the feedback I've been getting, it's scenes of warm Hawaii that interest you, my "adoring" public, the most. So that's what you've gotten in this post.

Magic Island, along with Ala Moana Beach, is one of my most favorite places to be on the island, with the North Shore being the first. There are very beautiful beaches and sights on the windward side, but it's a long drive so I don't get there too often. Magic Island is a beehive of activity almost all the time and while I'm invigorated when I'm there, it soothes my spirits at the same time.

For anyone who might not already know, every Friday night at 7:30, the Hawaiian Hilton puts on a fireworks display--it lasts only about 5-7 minutes, but it's fun and I'm learning how to shoot fireworks by attending these "mini-lessons" frequently, better than by attending one blowout event like July 4th just once a year.

Posted 9:40 pm on Friday, March 20, 2009

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Gorgeous photos, Linda!!! Looks like you had an awesome day! I was encouraged by your posting. There's nothing like pretty weather in paradise to lift a person's spirits. Hope today is just as great for you. :-)

philmary said...

I have to ask if you ever go swimming,or is it too cold >I love to swim in the ocean.Your pictures of the water are so inviting

Glad you are feeling better..What a difference a day makes

Bridget said...

beautiful images.
another day in paradise for us all (by proxy).
glad you had such a great day.
did you sleep?

Framing Images and Memories said...

Beautiful photos. You really are capturing firework photos very well. They look so perfectly exposed.