Friday, March 06, 2009

Signs

Today's mini-assignment was 'signs'. This first image is a sign pointing to my favorite town on the North Shore.

This image is 'just because'. Just because I liked the cloud formation.

Remember back in January I posted a sunset image and said that you should take note of where the sun was setting compared to the small mountain in the background? Well, this is either the same image or one that I took at the same time. See where the sun was setting?

Now take a look at the next image and see where the sun is setting in relation to that same land mass. Pretty cool, huh? Quite a large difference in just two months. So stretching today's theme, I guess this is a sign that in spite of what's going on in the world of men, the earth still moves in its pre-designed rotation according to God's plan for it. Hopefully we can all be comforted by the fact that the Creator is still in His heaven, and spring is on the way!

Posted at 9 pm on Thursday, Mar 5, 2009

5 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

These are beautiful and I'm glad you posted the first sunset again. I remember it well and it's great to see the sign of the changing seasons, weather, etc. Truly this world is amazingly complex and beautiful.

philmary said...

I have often marveled at the "Intelligent Design ?" of the earth's axis being at an angle. Not only do we delight in the changing of the seasons but if there weren't seasons the earth would either be left with inhabitable extremes of cold or heat

trishalyn said...

I love the cloud formations in that second image...that's really beautiful! Also enjoyed the sunset photos...and the comparison. Can't believe you've been in paradise for 2 months now! Re the "sign"...wish we had one of those around here! :-)

Bridget said...

stunning sunsets!
ah paradise:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I LOVE the clouds picture! It is beautiful. Those cloud formations really 'pop'! Nice job on all of them.