Monday, March 09, 2009

Today's Tattoo

Jackie and I were sitting outside Starbuck's this afternoon, enjoying our coffee, the weather and our conversation. While we were talking, I watched about 1/2 dozen guys pass by with awesome tattoos, but since I was "talking story" with Jackie, I didn't chase after them.

Eventually her phone rang and while she was taking care of the call, two young men walked by, and I noticed that one had an awesome tattoo on his arm that I just couldn't resist. So I trotted after them, shamelessly I might add, and asked permission to photograph the artwork. The guy I was talking to indicated that his friend also had a tattoo, so it was a two-for-one opportunity for me. I just happened to have my camera in the car, along with a notebook and pen--so I was able to get some background information to go along with the artwork.

This is the tattoo that first caught my attention--a Celtic cross.

The guys were very nice and very cooperative--I was even able to get a model release from them. They're military, need I say more?

Posted at 7 pm on Monday, March 9, 2009

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

That's an interesting tattoo...and you get bonus points for your courage! :-) How many tattoos have you collected now? It snowed here yesterday, so I was also quite envious of how you spent your afternoon!!! :-)

Bridget said...

go linda!
cool tatoo.
you are going to make a lot of new friends:)
this is going to be a great project!

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree, you are brave! and what a cool way to meet nice people. Im not sure if I love the tat or jealous b/c I dont have an arm like that! Back to the gym tomorrow!

Never Settled said...

All you have to do is go to one of the military beaches and you'll have tattoos to photograph for days.

philmary said...

You also should get the names of the artists > You may find that there some names that reoccur.