Saturday, March 07, 2009

Mail Service and Counting to 100

If, for some reason, you missed my late post for Friday (this is Sat. post), please scroll down to the previous post and read that first.

Done?

Okay. After I spent 9 hours yesterday, photographing such a beautiful location, you're probably thinking 'why, oh why, is this nut showing us a photo of napkins? And Christmas napkins at that'. The season has nothing to do with the post, these are the napkins that were handy. Now, just be patient, there's a method/reason to my madness. First, please note that the label says "180 1-ply napkins". Read on.

Most of you know that my daughter is in Kenya (Peace Corps). About three weeks ago I sent her a package. She still hasn't received it. So in one of my emails to her I was bemoaning the fact that I regretted that she hadn't received the package yet and I just couldn't comprehend why we (the United States) seem to be the only country in the world (just a slight exaggeration) that can have a good postal system, and I'm OH.SO.SORRY that she didn't get the package yet.

In her reply to me she assured me that she didn't feel bad about not getting it yet, just knowing it was on the way was a comfort, etc. And then she said, (her exact quote):

I'll watch for the envelope, and the package that you sent that I still haven't gotten. As far as timely and reliable mail, I just bought a package of napkins that says "apx 100 napkins" on the front. If they can't even figure out how to count out 100, they've got a way to go before the mail system gets improved...


She cracks me up!

Posted on Sat., Mar 7, 2009

By the way, if you haven't gone to her blog yet, the address is www.iminkenya.blogspot.com Besides being informed about her goings-on, you might get a chuckle or two out of her writing.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Very cute! And yes, I was wondering why "this nut" (your words, not mine) was showing us NAPKINS right after viewing such gorgeous images of HAWAII! By the time I finished reading your post, I was smiling! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Update me as to why you are in Hawaii, and for how long. If you explain it somewhere in a blog send me the link.
Sounds like you are loving Hawaii!
Wish I could take a vacation and visit you.
Brenda F