Monday, March 02, 2009

Global Warming???

One of the first things I heard on the car radio this morning is that the northeast was being plummeted with, suprise!!!, snow. Just now Kristine told me that there was a Global Warming Protest March in Washington, DC--it got snowed on!!!

How awesome is that? God's sense of humor ROCKS!!

Okay, on to Cholo's. Last Friday, Jackie and I obtained permission to go there (Cholo's) this morning before it opened to the public to get some photographs of the interior. As we were happily photograping away, the manager came over and gave us a different story. Luckily we had been there for a while and were just about done.

Cholo's is the North Shore's Best Mexican Restaurant, according to the advertising--and it seems according to the crowds that you find there at almost any time of the day or evening, 7/days/week. It has quite the personality and seems to be the hot spot in Haleiwa. Think about the commercials for Olive Garden, and then mentally insert a Mexican theme, and there you have it!







Then we stopped at several beaches to see what was going on. Sorry about the snow in the northeast, but this is what we were dealing with on the North Shore.



Is there anyone in blogdom who can help me with that stupid underline thing that happens randomly???
Posted at 4:30 pm on Monday, Mar 2, 2009

6 comments:

Haole Girl In Hawaii said...

I ate at Cholos for lunch today. I love the interior of this place. And although it is good Mexican food, FOR THE ISLAND, I never wait if the line is longer than 15 minutes. There is too much good food in Haleiwa to wait too long at Cholos. Nice pixs.

Bridget said...

the shots of cholos are great.
i like mexican food and it looks like a cool place to eat.the colors are terrific.
the beach shot was a little cruel on a day like this :)
it's been a long winter.

J.L.Velez said...

I love the crosses picture. It would be cool to see some of them up close because it looks like a lot of detail went into them. I couldn't make out the beach in your last photo, so I didn't feel too bad. I can't wait for spring to come!

trishalyn said...

Yes, I was confused about the last image, too. Cholo's looks like a great place to eat...and full of photo ops! Glad you got your shots before you were kicked out!
:-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Rebel! going into places you get thrown out of..shame on you! I can't help you with the underlining issue..I didnt even know that was an option. Nice photos!

philmary said...

The azure,black,and pink is also interesting