Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Backyard

The baby was pretty fussy today. But he did nap several times. During one of his naps, I took my work out into the back yard to appreciate the beautiful breeze and temperature. These images are from the backyard. This is about as much of a garden as I could handle. Less is more in this case with my "black" thumb.



This is inauguration day. I'm speechless.

Posted at 6:15 pm on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh, by the way, tomorrow (Wed, Jan 21) I'm beginning an online course for Writing for Magazines. I couldn't find a course for Writing for Newspapers, so I thought this would be the next best thing. My goal (as if I need another goal in my life) is to apply for a stringer position with the local newspapers when I get back to NY. I know that papers and magazines are more likely to accept images if they're accompanied by text. Ergo, the writing course. In honor of that, I've begun another blog... check it out once in a while. It's www.trainingawriter.blogspot.com

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Interesting images! Is that Japanese writing on the fence? Can you translate? I hope you are truly appreciating those warm temperatures and balmy breezes (as I sit here all wrapped up!) :-)

lyford house said...

I like the last picture

Framing Images and Memories said...

Goal setting is wonderful and so is writing. You will be unstoppable..or unstopable..or maybe that isn't a word. Well, I don't have to tell you because you are the writer! Great pictures because I can see the sunshine! All the best with the course

J.L.Velez said...

Last picture is also my favorite. Sounds like fun, online course! Good for you:)