Thursday, January 01, 2009

Family Dinner

This afternoon we went to my sister-in-law's for dinner. One of the two or three times a year we get together with them. This is the table we sat at. There used to be an additional small table at the far end in order to accommodate all of us. That table isn't necessary any more. It makes me sad. BUT we had a good time. It's always good to be with family.

Here is my nephew with his girlfriend. Leah and he grew up together. Andrew is about 1 1/2 years older than her, but they spent a lot of time together when they were young. I wish she had been there so she could have been in the picture too.

I'm not as blue as this post makes me sound like I am. These are just thoughts that went through my head during the evening. We really had a fun time. I think that in any situation we have the "what if?" thoughts along with the fun of what we're experiencing. So this was a nice way to start off the new year--with family.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Looks like you had quite a crowd at the dinner, even without the extra table. Love the photo of your nephew and his girlfriend. Wish Leah had been there, too!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice thoughts Linda..You seem to have quite a few holiday traditions with different family members. Enjoy!