Friday, January 30, 2009

Some Random Scenes

This is not today's real post. I made these images yesterday, but didn't have the time to post them yesterday. I wanted to share some with you. The first two images are from Sunset Beach. I went there because I heard the waves were supposed to be pretty good, and therefore there would be a lot of surfers. Well, take my word for it, my surfing images leave A LOT to be desired. So you get, instead, a couple of beach shots.



After leaving Sunset Beach, I stopped at Shark's Cove. When Leah came to Hawaii for grad school, we stopped here one day and did some snorkeling. It was beautiful. Even without snorkeling, it's beautiful.

On my way home, I had to make one more stop at Laniakea Beach, where I turtle-sit occasionally. There were three turtles on the beach and no monk seals. I stayed just a short while and then headed home for dinner.

My Friday post will come later, as it's only 9:30 am here.

6 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Beautiful pictures. Very nicely done. The first is the perfect picture for a magazine on getaways and beaches, vacations, etc. I also like your eye level from yesterday.

Bridget said...

looks and sounds like an awesome day.
very nice images.
i love the close up of the turtle.

Anonymous said...

i love your pictures...i love hawaii!

trishalyn said...

When all we see out our windows is WHITE, these images are like a breath of fresh air! Beautiful, Linda!!! The turtle looks like how I feel many days. :-) Keep those beach scenes coming...can't get enough of them!

J.L.Velez said...

Can you bring me back a turtle? ;)

philmary said...

Looking out with binoculars into the Surf..]
Red Flag snapping
in the wild wind