Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Blocks

As I mentioned before Christmas, I love wooden alphabet blocks. This was another day that almost got away from me, photographically speaking. When I took the baby for a walk, I took my camera too, but this is a really boring neighborhood. After putting the baby to bed, it occurred to me that I still didn't have a post. Sigh.

Then I remembered that I had these borrowed blocks in my car. So out to the car I went, and this is the result. I hated using the flash, but it's dark already, so flash it is. I wanted to make some creative adjustments to the image, but since I'm using a new version of Elements and I don't yet have the instruction manual, and I didn't want to spend all night trying to find the right buttons to push, those adjustments will have to wait.

Posted at 7 pm on Monday, January 27, 2009

6 comments:

trishalyn said...

Good save, Linda! I like the perspective you used on this shot. You only have a couple more weeks to keep your trophy, so enjoy it while it lasts. I want it back! :-) P.S. Whatever happened to "THE BOTTLE"? WHO HAS IT?

J.L.Velez said...

Love the blocks and the layout of the photo as well! I've got the bottle, I'm handing it over at the February meeting!

Bridget said...

how boring can the scenery be in beautiful hawaii?:)
i like the "looking down "shot of the blocks.
don't listen to trish,i want that trophey more!!!

philmary said...

The flash makes the blocks appear out of the darkness

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice job, good job of staging the word Hawaii.

trishalyn said...

OMG...I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THE WORD "HAWAII" SPELLED OUT! DUH!!! I HAD NOTICED "WAII"...I WAS THINKING OF THE "Wii" GAME AND NEVER SAW THE "HA" IN FRONT OF IT. BOY, DO I FEEL STUPID! :-)