Saturday, January 24, 2009

Late Post for Friday, Jan 23
(9 am Sat)

So....here's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I borrowed my friend, Chelsea's, SLR. On the beach I was happily clicking away, but the "remaining image" count didn't seem to be correct. Then I finally realized that I was shooting in RAW. And of course, I couldn't figure out how to change the setting. I also knew that it takes for. ev. er. to download RAW onto my computer. Sigh.

Then, later in the afternoon I promised Kristine I'd take some photos of an event she was hosting at one of the schools.

We didn't get home until later in the evening and by the time I finally got the images on the computer and changed them to jpegs (it took hours), Kristine had turned off the internet and gone to bed. So no post last night.

Honest and true, I took these on FRIDAY.

That's a turtle in front of the lady with the red shirt.


Just some people on the beach.


Another turtle. There were only two on the beach yesterday.


Then we really had a treat. A monk seal came up to bask. We watched it (couldn't determine gender) come out of the surf and make its way up the beach. Once it reached where it wanted to bask, it was like watching grass grow--no activity at all. So I'm glad I was there when it first came out of the water, which was only about 15 minutes after I arrived--good timing!


PS. There's a slim chance that the same thing might happen today with my post. I'm going to an event this afternoon and I don't know when I'll get home, or if I'll have time to post before the internet gets turned off. I will not, however, be shooting in RAW--that is if I can understand the manual enough to change to jpeg.

4 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Very nice images. I like the man/woman photo. Would be one to put on the wall or in a photo album if you were that couple! Great pictures. You sound so busy!
You are relaxing too?

Dana said...

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. You have got to be the one of nicest ladies on here.
I always enjoy stopping by your blog or should I say now blogs and catching up on what you have been up to. Your pictures are interesting to look at and I enjoy your stories so much. Your a blessing in my life.
Thanks for being you. Hugs~ Dana from Stillwater, OK

philmary said...

As I said on my blog Can you see the turtles lay their eggs?.. Why not find a clutch and see if they will be born before you leave

Bridget said...

beautiful pictures linda.
i am sorry you are having so much camera trouble.
i look forward to your posts and a little bit of paradise:)