Thursday, January 08, 2009

Leapin Lizzards!

Gabby's 6th birthday was today. Her birthday party was held at a place called Leapin Lizzards. Kind of like Chucky Cheese, but more private and open by appointment only. Leapin Lizzards has many different kinds of bouncy-bounce contraptions, and the kids seemed to have a good time, but they tired of it pretty quickly. There weren't very many in the group.

I kept looking at this little girl and then realized what was attracting me to her. The shoes (waiting for her to click her heels) and then the socks. Suddenly I saw the yellow stripe (the yellow brick road?), and knew I had the photo. She didn't know me, and was kind of shy, but her mother helped by getting her on the yellow stripe.But still I had to hurry. This was the best I could do. It's not what I envisioned, but I tried.

Posted on Thurs. Jan 8 at 6:59 pm.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

absolutely precious!
made me smile to start my day.
thanks:)

trishalyn said...

Ahhh, sugar 'n spice and everything nice. You captured it nicely, Linda!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice pictures in both posts. The baby picture is adorable. You have been missing our winter already..I can tell..and MORE snow Sat..and below freezing next week.

philmary said...

Does the child in the back have 6 apendages?

J.L.Velez said...

I love the shoe and sock combo. That was just too precious for words!