Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cleaning the Attic

"I know those hiking boots are somewhere in this house". That was what I was thinking to myself when I headed up to the attic to look for my boots yesterday afternoon. When I got there I couldn't even figure out where to begin looking because of the mess that was there. I thought I would just move things around to create a little order, but two hours later the attic was half emptied!

Some went into the trash, some was headed to my daughter's house for the grandkids, and some was headed to the Goodwill. Aha! there suddenly seemed to be more oxygen in the room. What a relief.

Today I delivered the boxes and boxes and boxes filled with my unwanted items (that would turn into someone else's treasures) to the Goodwill store . That rocks! I'm so grateful for these "ministries": Goodwill, Salvation Army and Handy Ups & Downs (our local used-items store).



I have a lot more to do up there, but I got a great head-start yesterday.

By the way, I never did find those boots.

6 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Too bad about the boots, but at least you got rid of some things that will hopefully find their way to new homes.

trishalyn said...

What a feeling of accomplishment you achieved (though sorry about your boots...or lack of). I like the Goodwill's motto!

Bridget said...

thanks for the inspiration.
i got a good "start" on my house during lent but soon lost interest.
you have inspired me to get going again.
nice "spring" (cleaning)post:)

Anonymous said...

sorry you haven't located the boots, maybe they're still there, you just haven't looked in the right corner yet!

...if not, you can search for new ones..after all that de-cluttering, you deserve a new pr. :)

philmary said...

LIke the motto..I wonder how recycling goods helps people "achieve full potential as an individual" Is this a faith based organization?

Anonymous said...

great shot of Judy..she looked like it was a fun time...Jean