Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Faces Thursday

The assignment today is Happy Faces. My plans for this afternoon were to attend a bbq at my sister-in-law's house, so I knew (hoped) I'd be able to get some smiles at some point. It's nice when your Plan A works for a change.

When cousin Andrew and Leah and Caleb were younger, we were at Sharon's house and they did the spoon-on-the-nose thing. Naturally I got a photo of it. So today I asked them to humor me and do it again. Amazingly, they cooperated. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to find that older photo and post it with this one. But if not, here ya go with this one.



For some reason things are always crazy hectic around here by the end of April, beginning of May. This year was no exception. Leah's birthday is May 4, Caleb's is May 2. She wasn't even back from Kenya yet, Caleb was still at school and I was feeling pretty frazzled--but if you asked me now what I was frazzled about, I couldn't really say.

All of that to say that we didn't get a chance to "do cake" for their birthdays. So we did it tonight.


4 comments:

ninth sunn said...

I kept seen people doing this spoon trick & tried to do it. I could never do it. Is that for real or were they using something behind the spoon to keep it on. it looks great fun though.

J.L.Velez said...

Great happy faces and cake looks yummy!

trishalyn said...

Wonderful happy (and beautiful) faces!!! Love the spoon shots...looks like everyone was having fun!

Bridget said...

love the kids and cake shot!
happy days:)