Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just a Little Over Zealous

In my ongoing passion to purge this house, and to get it in some semblance of order that I can live with, last week I put most of my winter clothes away. What in the world was I thinking? This morning it was 45 and rainy. This morning I dragged out one of the crates and retrieved a sweater. This morning I sighed thinking that spring will never get here. And I'm probably right.

We'll go directly from this "frosty" weather to the intense heat of summer. So I'll just enjoy the cool temperatures and the jeans and sweaters that are necessary for them. For in a short time this will be history, at least until October.

I only had to dig out some clothes. Some "overzealous" friends of mine had to worry about their plants as well as finding their "winter" clothes.

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Ah, the great Northeast! :-)

Anonymous said...

yes, i've learned that you never really pack away your clothes...at least the "keep me warm" kind of clothing...always have them available to you...one never knows when they'll need them!

...if you don't like new york weather...wait a day it'll change! :)

Bridget said...

don't put them too far out of reach.
this is not the islands:)

ninth sunn said...

Sounds like you're experiencing the same weather as we do here. In the it's freezing cold by midday it's boiling hot. and talking about packing we're due to move house soon & I'm dreading the thought of packing up. Sooo much junks. Wouldn't know where to begin.