Monday, May 04, 2009

The Season Begins

Early last fall I went photographing with a friend. We were talking about hiking, and she told me that she hikes once a week all summer with some friends of hers. They begin hiking each spring, starting slowly and working up to longer/higher hikes as the season goes on.

She invited me to join them and said she'd let me know when they would get started this spring.

Tonight was the "organizational" meeting.

I'm a little apprehensive. I'm very much out of condition. The 8.1 mile Aloha Run last February (that I walked) almost did me in, and that was all street walking with only a slight incline at one point.

The goal of this little group is Mt. Marcy, one of the high peaks, by mid-August.

I'll give it a try. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Good luck! Enjoy yourself and the experience:0

trishalyn said...

Sounds like a great plan...I know you can do it! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

You can do it! Just don't wear jeans...remember? Get yourself some good hiking pants and clothing.

Anonymous said...

happy hiking!
...and don't forget the sunscreen.

Bridget said...

sounds like a lot of fun.
you can do it and just think of all the beautiful pictures waiting to be taken!

philmary said...

I wonder if I will soon know someone who has hiked the Appalachian Trail?
You Go girl