Friday, May 01, 2009

The Trophey Passed On Tonight

Earlier today I was sitting at my computer waiting for a phone call, when I decided to get out my point and shoot and try my hand at the macro setting again. The most handy subject was the computer keyboard. When I took the shot, I thought back to the beginnings of my "typing" experiences.

I was in jr. high school when I had my first typing class. From the very first lesson I was hooked. The keys were blank and there was a chart on the wall at the front of the room. I remember endlessly/repetitiously hitting the same keys over and over again, ad nauseum, but I loved every keystroke!

My parents saw my passion for this "activity" and they gave me my very own typewriter the following Christmas. I was in heaven.

Little did I know how that "activity" would serve me in later years. I earned quite a bit of money during my college years typing papers for those who didn't know how to type or who didn't want to.

So different from today, where every child learns to type, or keyboard, or whatever they call it these days, so they can communicate via computer. I wonder if there are any fortunate individuals left out there who can earn extra cash "typing" papers as I did? Interesting!

Moving on--our mvp group met tonight. We hung some of our work at the local library for a month-long exhibit. Very exciting, and with the variety and high quality of images that are displayed, it's really an impressive and beautiful show.

The Leader Herald printed an article about the exhibit. This is just the beginning of it and it introduces the exhibit and tells a little about our group.

We went for dinner after we finished hanging the exhibit. And the new winner of the trophey is....drumroll please.....Steve. He definitely deserves it and I know he'll enjoy displaying it in his home for the next two months. Congratulations, Steve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats steve!

philmary said...

Steve looks psyched, ready for the trails,suffering, and joy of a Trophy Winner

J.L.Velez said...

Interesting about the keyboard and great documenting of our fun evening!

Framing Images and Memories said...

I will thank you for your post without any comments on how horrible I look. Im going to rise above my shyness and disgust for my own image by just saying thank you.

Bridget said...

i remember the thrill of sitting at that typewriter.we are so dating ourselves!
i was so sorry not to be at the grand opening last night.
i can't wait to go.