Friday, May 08, 2009

Peak Blooms

A friend and I took a drive to FoCastle Orchard this morning. We found the apple trees in peak bloom. It was so beautiful. We knocked on the door of the house to ask permission to photograph on the property and were given carte blanche. The sky was white, so it was a little challenging, but I managed to get a few images I like.

This first one is, of course, beehives. The orchard rents them to pollinate the trees. I happily discovered that they rented them from my good friend, Mark Rulison who owns Rulison Honey here in Amsterdam. I almost managed to complete the task of photographing the hives without getting stung, but at the last minute one little critter landed on my arm and did his work. Ick, I hate bee stings, but it was worth it.

The following images are just a few that I took on the property.



This last one is a close-up of an apple blossom. They're so beautiful.

7 comments:

ninth sunn said...

Great collection of spring shots, Linda. My favourites are the 3rd & 2nd.Great job!

J.L.Velez said...

I love the three pink flowers and the fence! They are very peaceful and simple shots and they look amazing!

trishalyn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! These are all very lovely, but I was attracted to the fence images (#2 and #3) the most. I'm glad you explained the beehives...I didn't realize what they were (though I probably would have figured it out once I enlarged the image and saw the bees!). Looks like you had a fun day while capturing these gorgeous photos!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Terrific photos. I too love the third from the bottom, the fence trailing off in the distance. I keep going back to that one. All the images are great. Im not sure I could have focused long near the hives with bees around..good job for that too!

Anonymous said...

The beauty of these are a gift from God..Only He could create such lovliness and I am grateful for the ability to enjoy the beauty. I would love to see the orchard as a full shot...Apple orchards are really awesome. Jean

philmary said...

A good collage of images for a peaceful spring weekend with nothing to do but mow the lawn and go to church

Bridget said...

stunning ,postcard perfect images!
WOW !