Monday, May 18, 2009

Plan B

I had a plan A tonight. But wait, I get ahead of myself.

Many years ago, when Leah and Caleb were very young, we met a family at church. They had two girls who were a little older than my children. The hubbies were both members of the Christian Motorcyclists. We stopped attending the same church after a few years, but Cindy and I remained friends and would see each other occasionally.

She had two more children and our lives went in different directions, but we would be in contact once or twice a year, and we even managed to get together once in a while.

Last week we made plans to have dinner together tonight--and by golly, we did. We spent hours talking and catching up and enjoying each other's company. It was awesome.

My trusty point-and-shoot was not, however, in my purse where it belonged. I gave it to Leah yesterday so she could document the cleaning process of Caleb's apartment--to guarantee the refund of my very expensive deposit for his apartment at school. I felt naked, and deprived because I couldn't take a photo of my friend.

On the way home I remembered a photo of the four of us, taken years ago in which she looked great (and I didn't look as bad as usual), and determined to find it and take a photo of it to post. Sigh! Guess you know where this is going. Plan A crashed and burned--when I looked for the photo, it was nowhere to be found.

So on to Plan B--a not-very-exciting photo of Pick-Up Sticks. Remember them? What a cool game. And when I checked Leslie's blog, there was a photo of colored pencils. How ironic.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

remeber the pick up sticks well.
keep looking for that other photo. i would love to see it.

J.L.Velez said...

I remember the game, but not the rules:)