Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well, It Isn't Shave Ice.....

So, today's assignment was "waterfalls". It was a workday for me (as for everyone else in our mvp group), and I wound up being at the office until very late in the afternoon (later than I expected to be). I had an idea of where I would go for the shoot, but first I had to go home and do the "dinner" thing, sigh. It was still light after supper and would be for another hour, but it was getting cloudier and cloudier and I knew that my waterfall would be in very dim light by the time I got there.

My husband came up with another idea that worked out fairly well. I can't say that this is an actual waterfall, but it's certainly falling water. When we first arrived, I wasn't too impressed, but the photos look better than I hoped they would.


On the way home we stopped at Karen's (nee Dufel's). My husband ordered a strawberry shortcake with ice cream. It isn't a Shave Ice, but it was coconut ice cream (very yummy-I had a taste) and he enjoyed it anyway while I remembered eating my last Shave Ice in Haleiwa.

While hubby was waiting for his order I took a few shots inside Karen's.

In just a few weeks these shelves will be full of wonderful jams and preserves. My favorite is Cherry Preserves. I look forward to this each summer.

"If you want to find a new hideout in the woods, you'll have to leave the trail."

(from: Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me)

2 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Love the first one best, the swirling of the water is beatufiul.

Bridget said...

love both of the water images.
kudos for going out on the search after such a long day!