Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Abandoned House

I was in Troy today. I came across Sage College Campus by accident. It's really a gorgeous campus and I couldn't resist taking some shots.


Below, two students sunbathing in the beautiful weather.

I also came upon this scene. I guess it was Earth Day, and there was a group of people who had gathered to clean up a little park. There was a DJ and a barbeque grill--it looked like everyone was having a good time. Below, these two were taking a break while enjoying the view of the falls.

Then on my way home after passing through Amsterdam, I found another abandoned house.

The front door was wide open, so of course I went in. The barn in the previous image is on the same property as the house.

9 comments:

NikonSniper said...

great and classic shots.
thanks for sharing.
nikonsniper

Framing Images and Memories said...

happy to see you found your way around Troy. Very nice pictures. I really like the blk/wht of the inside of the abandoned house. good work

trishalyn said...

These are all great, Linda! I can't really choose a favorite, but those b/w of the abandoned house are REALLY appealing!!! Maybe that could be next year's project...abandoned houses! Loved the Sage photos, too. It sure was a wonderful day to be out shooting! :-)

Anonymous said...

you are among the brave...i'd be quickly shooting the picture and RUNNING as fast i can..and hopefully not tripping on the way out! lol

J.L.Velez said...

I love the black and white shots, especially the sink. They are amazing. You certainly got a real variety today!

Bridget said...

this was a treasure trove of images.
lets see,i really liked the last black and white of the sink.
i also loved the composition of the 2 older men and the old barn pix.
i looks like you made the best of a beautiful day.
good job!

Bridget said...

i forgot to say how much i liked the ballons against the white building:)

philmary said...

I just studied this one and your next post(),,Like I said to Steve the assingment is Waterfalls,,but more to the point I have been moldering away for the last few days (NO POST),from your post with the flowers in the early AM it seems as if that would be a "Relief" to have your pictures done ASAP in the morning so Look at my post today,,

philmary said...

Your old steel sink,coffee pot and pan look like ancient history for America..Was there a bathtub? This seems like wisdom from the past era
Did they only have the sink to wash up in?