Saturday, April 11, 2009

Just a Random Post

This post is actually for my daughter, Leah. Coreyanne and her 4 children met me at Cholo's today for lunch. After that, she got an iced coffee from the Coffee Gallery. I thought Leah would appreciate this image since she likes coffee so much. I'm not sure what was going on with this machine, but it's the only time I've seen it in operation in all the times I've been to the Gallery. (if you enlarge it you can see that it's actually spinning the coffee beans around)

After that we walked over to the general store that makes the best Shave Ice in Haleiwa, and I got my last one for this winter.

After we walked around Haleiwa for a while, we headed over to Laniakea Beach. There were two turtles on the beach, and it took the kids approximately 1 1/2 minutes to look at them. I learned something very important today. Two adults is NOT enough adults to take care of 4 small children (5 and under) at the beach, especially when two of them are only 1 and 2. Especially when they're tired and bored. And even more especially when I'm one of the two adults!

This is the better one of the only two "family" shots I could get--and you should see the full image. The guy walking in the back ground, staring at me and watching me trying to get this photo, continued to walk right into the frame. So the full photo shows him staring right into the camera. Aaargh! (If only I could get my intended subjects to cooperate like that). Do you think that "beheading" was the appropriate punishment for the "crime"? But there was no redoing it. The kids had had it, no more posing for them.

These are a little out of order. This is the "boy" after finishing his chocolate ice-cream when we were in Haleiwa. Can you tell he enjoyed it!

Back to the beach.


This was the best I could do with P. She was not at all interested in posing--but I love these kinds of shots. I have many like this of my kids and my friend's kids. It still tells the story.

So that was my last day at the beach. Tomorrow is church and Monday is packing for my flight out on Monday night. Sigh, sigh, sigh!

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Even though this posting was meant for Leah, I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! I love the first image of the coffee machine...very cool shot. But the portraits of the kids are really beautiful!!! I love them all! The lighting is lovely, the colors really pop, and their expressions are priceless. I love how you captured the kids being kids. I think, though, that the little boy in orange with chocolate all over his face is my favorite! And I really love that group shot. It looked very natural, with the "pain" of trying to get 4 small children to cooperate at the same time quite evident. :-) I wish you had not beheaded the stranger, though. I would like to see his expression. I can't believe how rude he was, but I think his inclusion in the image adds to its charm. How about re-posting...or at least sending it to me? Looks like you had a beautiful last day at the beach. See you soon! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

The chocolate-faced boy steals the show. All the individual photos are lovely. There certainly is something about children's eyes and the energy they possess which makes a great photo. As far as the man in the background...grrr..
As far as the ages of the kids, I just watched four female teenagers...I dont know, I might rather watch the little ones..ha!

Bridget said...

beheading sounds about right:)
the photos of the children are wonderful.
my favs are the ones of the little girls,esp the little one squatting.
safe flight back.