Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Can't Believe It!

Jayme gave us her assignment for today this past Monday. (three days ago because she thought it might be a topic we'd have to really think about--she was right) I've been thinking about it since then. I was even thinking about it this very morning. So tonight when I sat down to write my post for today, I checked out the other MVP blogs first. All I could think was, I Can't Believe It!! I completely forgot to do the assignment. You know....the mind is a terrible thing to lose!

The assignment was "wisdom". Hmmm, just a little too abstract for my taste, but I did have an idea that I was going to try. Too late now, though.

Anyway, I went to a friend's house this evening for dinner and games. The game was, much to my chagrin, Trivial Pursuit. I can't think of a game that I'm worse at, but they needed a 4th player and I warned them ahead of time that I was bad, bad, bad at this game--I felt kind of the way they all feel when I suggest playing Boggle. So it was a little pay back for them.

While we were playing I took a few photos, and luckily I got a couple of the Trivial Pursuit board. So even though it's a stretch, I'll use this image for my "wisdom" photo. I never really think of knowing a lot of trivia as being particularly "wise", but I guess it is in a way.


A piece of decor from my hostess' home.


Bottom line: Scripture has the answer. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

3 comments:

philmary said...

great colors on Trivial Pursuit Board >>What lighting did you use?

I want to know how to get that brightness in inside enviornment

trishalyn said...

One must be smart to play Trivial Pursuit WELL. One is wise when one knows when NOT to play Trivial Pursuit. :-) Did that make any sense? Ha! Ha! I was trying to say that I am wise enough to know I should not play Trivial Pursuit.
:-) Good idea for today's topic (even if it was an accident)!

Bridget said...

i really like the trivial pursuit shot and trish's distinction between smarts and wisdom