Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Favorite Hymn

Today was my first day back at my NY church. It was really good to see everyone again. To my great surprise and pleasure, the first hymn we sang was my favorite. "And Can It Be That I Should Gain". It was also the last hymn we sang at my last Bible Study in my church in Hawaii. What a treat!

My second favorite hymn is Amazing Grace--and to my even greater surprise and pleasure, that was the last hymn we sang today. God is good, even in the little things!

And Can It Be That I Should Gain
vs. 4

"Long my imprisoned spirit lay
fast bound in sin and nature's night;
thine eye diffused a quick 'ning ray;
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
my chains fell off, my heart was free;
I rose, went forth and followed thee.

Amazing love, how can it be,
that thou my God shouldst die for me."

I hope you're having a Blessed Lord's Day.

2 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Love it when my favorite hymns are played:) How are you adjusting?

trishalyn said...

Very pretty image...it would be perfect for a church bulletin!