Sunday, April 05, 2009

Scottish Festival

Today was the Scottish Festival in Waikiki. I didn't arrive until about an hour after it began. But I was in time to see the Bagpipe band do their short parade to the performance area. They were preceded by the Marine Color Guard.

Below is the woman from my church who plays in this band.

And here she is with her husband, who, although he didn't perform, was dressed appropriately.

One of the competitors.

One of the competitors-in-training. She cracked me up--so cute!

This competitor (throwing the Heavy Weight) came from Georgia (or some state in that area) just for the competition. So he was a southerner, competing in the Scottish Games in Hawaii--I just thought that was intersting.

When I left the Festival, I passed the Aquarium on my way to my car, and decided to take a look. The photos from there leave a lot to be desired, so just use your imaginations and pretend you see images of fish.

Posted at 7:45 on Sat., April 4, 2009

5 comments:

Bridget said...

these are wonderful linda!!!
the one of the little girl in red is so precious.
great job!
i never saw a lady bagpipe player before.
the marines looked so young.

trishalyn said...

Beautiful!!! I love them all, but that first one of the Marines is awesome...must be enlarged to be fully appreciated. The lighting is really beautiful! Every one of the Marines appear sharply focused and really stand out from the background. The red/white of the flag is an important element of the image. I would love to see this one hanging in our show as well. Great, great job, Linda!!!
P.S. Looks like you had another fun day!

Framing Images and Memories said...

I would have commented the same as Trish so I won't here...great job!

philmary said...

Enlarged they all look so bright and sharp. The flag's red is about as pure as possible.
The lady bagpiper and the thrower are a study in concentration.

Great ,,great

ninth sunn said...

Thanks for sharing, Linda. You captured some great moments of the festival. well done!