Sunday, April 19, 2009

Two-In-One

Here you'll see my posts for Friday and Saturday. (this is for Friday)

Friday morning, four of us went to Friendly's for breakfast. The retreat didn't officially begin until around noon, so, as our custom, we headed off campus for some time together. While we were waiting for our order, I decided to take a shot of me and Cindy. So, as I was preparing to snap the shutter with the camera held out in front of us, my friend across the table reached out and helpfully said, "here, I'll take the picture for you", and so this is what resulted since Cindy and I weren't ready.

This next image is entitled, "The Irony of It All" (this is for Saturday)

When I arrived home from the retreat on Sat. afternoon, my husband told me a package had arrived for me the day before. Looking at it I realized it was my lens, you know, the lens that I didn't have for the last 8 weeks I was in Hawaii. On the Friday before I left I went to the camera shop to see if it might just have been there, and they assured me, "no, it hasn't come in yet". But either it was there and they just didn't see it, or it arrived within a day or two because it was delivered here just three days after I got home--exactly one week after I checked for it at the photo shop.

Hopefully it's good as new and I'll get to use it soon.

By the way, as you can see, it's a Tamron. Now I know that Canon and Nikon manufacturers say that you should only use their lenses for peak performance. But for any of you out there who might be looking to buy a very good, very affordable lens (who can't afford Canon or Nikon lenses), Tamron is great. AND, their lenses are guaranteed (or waranteed--can't keep that straight) for 6 (yes six) years. So even though I purchased that lens over two years ago, I didn't have to pay a cent to have it repaired. Not a bad deal.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Glad you finally have your lens...am sure you missed it! Love your new, shorter "do"! But I'm confused. Did you actually take that picture? Or was it taken by your friend?

philmary said...

Lots of exciting action..nice