Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Flower

I don't know when I'll be back to the house tonight, so I decided to post early today. When I first got up, around 7 am, I looked outside and saw some tulips beginning to open up. Aha! my photo for the day, I thought. The light was beautiful. So--grabbing a few images (none of which were fantastic or particularly creative), I was reminded of something I know very well.

So I decided to make a mini-lesson of it. (this first image should be the last--sometimes this site just won't let me do what I want to, and I don't have time to fiddle with it).

I took this shot, thinking, o.m.gosh, how beautiful the light is! Then I realized how washed out the flowers would look.

So I created some shade and took another. How much better the flowers look! (please disregard the pathetic composition)

So the lesson is: when shooting flowers, don't if they're in bright sun. (Reminder to my mvp friends--the TulipFest is right around the corner and the tulips are probably planted and partially blooming at this moment.)

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Good lesson, Linda...thanks! How did you shade your flowers? I heard Washington Park is looking gorgeous! :-)

J.L.Velez said...

Good lesson to remember. Love the sunshine, but it sure does funny things to the pictures:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice reminder for us all. I love the warm and the summer sun; however, that sun does pose big problems in photography. Nice lesson.

Bridget said...

wow what difference!
thanks for the lesson.