Monday, February 23, 2009

And Yet Another Turtle (and that darned underline again)

I had to get the car inspected today, so I went online and found a place on the North Shore near Haleiwa, which is near Laniakea (the turtle beach). I thought I was going to need a search and rescue dog to find the place--but I finally did. Talk about tucked way back in the end of nowhere...

When I left there, I found my way to town and then to the beach, hoping, again, that the light would be nice and there might be some kind of sunset to brag about. WRONG!

Very cloudy skies, drab light and no color in the sunset. Oh well. So you get a picture of a turtle, yet again. Well, actually, two turtles and a volunteer (in the red visor) talking to 2 other volunteers who were, like me, just visiting the beach to hang out.

So just imagine the red glow in the sky, reflecting off the waves, and the sound of the water lapping up on the shore. I'll keep trying for the image of the pretty sunset, but you'll have to keep imaging the sound of the waves.

Posted at 7:30 on Monday, Feb 23, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i volunteer to watch turtles in hawaii? it sounds like "the perfect job"...where do i sign up?

lisa

trishalyn said...

I agree with Lisa...sign me up, too. :-) Never get tired of the turtle images. I thought it was interesting that the people in the background appear so nonchalant around the turtles.

Bridget said...

i like the path of turtles leading to the people.
i am hearing the lapping water:)