Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Haleiwa

Today Jackie and I got up before dawn to drive to Haleiwa, thinking that we could get some good images of the town before it got too crowded with people. Well, we were only about an hour early. To use up some time, we drove to the beach--no turtles--then drove back. After stopping at the harbor and then at a coffee shop for some breakfast, we began walking around town. I took way too many photos to post here, but these are two that I really like. MVPers, you'd be proud of me. After asking this guy permission to take his photo, I then returned and asked if he'd sign a model release!!! Hi Five!!! He said yes, and I'm now the proud owner of my first ever, model release from a stranger.

This bridge is very fun to look at and photograph. If any of you have seen "Blue Crush"--when the local girls are going to teach the football players to surf, this is the bridge they drive over to meet up with the guys. (I think it was probably cleaned up a little for the movie....)

Posted at 3 pm on Sat., Feb 21, 2009

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Love that first image of the surfboard guy...and yes, I am proud of you! Great composition...from the sign in the upper LH corner to the palm leaves framing the right side. I love the guy's concentration on his work, and the fact that you did not capture him looking up at the camera! His visor cap is another interesting element...and of course, the surfboard he is working on brings it all together. Would love to see more of your images from yesterday! I also must mention that I am SOOOOOOO envious of you! Looking at that neat bridget photo (which is very interesting, too...love the shadows created by the bridge) and seeing green trees, blue sky and sunshine makes me GREEN WITH ENVY! I am so sick of looking out the window and seeing snow...freshly fallen as well as old & dirty. Whew...I just wrote a book...guess I got carried away! :-)

J.L.Velez said...

So when are you going to learn to surf? I'd be too scared of the sharks:) I love the bridge picture though!

Bridget said...

these are both great!
i am so proud of you for your bravery!!!
both of the images are great.i can't decide which one i like the best.
you sound upbeat and happy.i hope you are enjoying your stay.