Sunday, February 01, 2009

I'm Caught Up

In spite of experiencing internet problems even as I create this blog, I've managed to catch up with the current day's post.

The first Sunday of every month is a Fellowship Meal immediately following church. This month it took place at the pastor's home. It was great. Good food and good friends.

This first image shows an Hawaiian custom that I JUST LOVE TO PIECES, removing one's shoes before entering the home, which in Hawaii is usually just a matter of slipping off one's flip flops. Yeah!! warm weather.

This is the group that was present for the luncheon. Not the entire church--several families were absent because of illness or being out of town--but I gave it the good ole' college try with the group that was there. Even Michela didn't complain. If you remember last year, she was the one in the photo with Leah who had her hands over her face. She's way too adorable to hide her face, so I appreciated her cooperation today.

Posted at 5:30 pm on Sunday, Feb. 1, 2009

6 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice group shot Linda! The lady in the last row, is someone shy hiding behind her or is that her hair? Your friends must know you as the unofficial photographer?? I hope they don't groan like my family when they see the camera.

trishalyn said...

Wonderful group photo...everyone looks happy! It was great to see your friends from Hawaii, too.

J.L.Velez said...

I love your group photo! It came out beautifully:)

Bridget said...

great group photo!
it makes me happy to see that you are surrounded by so many friends when you are so far from home.

Anonymous said...

nice looking bunch!...and i wish our pile of shoes at the door were flip flops now instead of snowy boots! grrrrrrrrrrr........springs right around the corner, right?

philmary said...

Interesting photo..Boys seem to enjoy making hand gestures when they are part of a group..there are all those other people making hand gestures also