Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Does anyone understand blogspot????

This underlining is happening of its own free will. I can't get rid of it. I suppose I could start another post and it would go away, but I'm too tired and it's too late...

So anyway, after taking my lens to the Ritz store, and finding out that the lens will have to make a trip to the mainland and visit the lens hospital (and probably won't get back to me for 3-4 weeks), I consoled myself by going to the beach and doing some people watching. These were taken with my trusty point and shoot.






Then I went back to the mall (go figure, no underlining here) to visit a bookstore and decided to walk around the mall a little. I came across a cute little gallery where they were selling framed photographs, paintings and sculptures. There was a little loft room and because no one was looking, I grabbed a shot of this photo for sale. Okay, it was nice, okay, it was probably 20x24 not counting the frame (I couldn't get far enough away to include the entire image and the frame without falling down the stairs and attracting attention I didn't really want to attract), but, for heaven's sake, the price tag said, $900. OMGosh!
Our MVP group must be doing something wrong! Or could it be where we live, hmmmm?

Posted at 8 pm on Wed., Feb. 11, 2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess I will stick with 'anonymous"...but you know who I am....that one shot of the sky line looks like a atornado in the making...did you get some bad weather in Paradise?
the photo of the art work isn't what I would rush off and purchase..but everyone to their own choices.
I liked the other shots

trishalyn said...

I love the palm trees with the dramatic sky in the background. Sorry about your camera lens. If you weren't living in Paradise, I'd say you've had a tough winter. But since you are living in Paradise....
:-)
P.S. I've had weird, formatting problems with blogspot, too. It's really frustrating!

J.L.Velez said...

So we can start selling our pictures for $900? :) I too love the dramatic sky and palm trees. Beautifully done!

Bridget said...

that sky looks intimidating.
i am sorry for all of your camera issues.
thank god for the old point and shoot.
$900/wow