Saturday, February 07, 2009

Long Day

Today I had lunch with a friend and then we took a drive up to the Dole Plantation. It's a really interesting place--containing all things pineapple, including Pineapple Ice Cream. So our trip there was really for the ice cream. Yum.

Then I headed up to the North Shore for Laniakea Beach for my volunteer shift with the turtles. You'll probably all be pretty sick of see images of this beach and the turtles by the time I return to NY. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to take any more shots while on duty because I already have a bazillion, but that resolve disappears about 2 minutes into my shift. It's just sooo beautiful.

This one's for you Jayme.

Posted at 8:15 on Friday, January 6, 2009

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Love the expression on that turtle! I can almost hear him thinking "Oh, not YOU again!" :-)
I'll never get tired of your beach/turtle images....keep them coming! The pineapple ice-cream looks delicious, too!!!

Anonymous said...

ditto on the beach pictures...we love them and envy you!

J.L.Velez said...

Thanks Linda!!! I love my turtle! He is so cute and snuggly looking:)

Bridget said...

the last turtle picture is terrific.
he looks so old and wise.
i never tire of these.
i am amazed you can get so close and get such good pictures of the turtles.