Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Haleiwa

My friend, Jackie, and I went to Haleiwa today. It's a quaint little town with shops and eateries and a lot of personality on the way to the North Shore. These are some random images I made as we walked along. No rhyme or reason to them, just whatever caught my attention.


Love these beach towels. Would have bought one last year, but I had just purchased one in NY and knew I didn't need another.

Enjoying Shave Ice.


This vase is really about 2.5-3 feet tall. It's the perspective that makes it look like it's sitting on a table.

I saw this old ice box inside a bakery.

This plaque is inside a gift shop window.

And this is my favorite one. Just love it!

Posted at 7:15 on Wed, Feb 18, 2009

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Looks like you had a great day! Loved all of your images...hard to pick a favorite! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice photos. I like to line of towels and the angle on the flower vase. The city-scape photos were cool too b/c I dont really remember seeing city pictures of Hawaii..it's always the beaches now that I think about it.

Bridget said...

i feel like i have been to another part of hawaii!
thanks for the tour.
love the towel image and got a good laugh over the last one:)

J.L.Velez said...

Reminds me of a little town in PR I went to. Had the little shops and flowers and also had pig roasting. Very cool inside look at Hawaii. I especially love that yellow flower and the ice box!