Monday, February 09, 2009

Confession Time

Alright you guys, it's time for me to 'fess up. I've been putting it off for two months now. I definitely wanted to wait till I left NY so that you couldn't come after me and pummel me, but then once I arrived in Hawaii I sincerely but conveniently kept "forgetting" to mention it to you. But the day of reckoning has arrived. So I'll just blurt it out. I BROKE THE TROPHY! Yes, I did, but it wasn't on purpose, really, truly. One day it was on the counter in the kitchen, I reached across to get something and knocked it over with my hand. It had the audacity to roll, in agonizingly slow motion I might add, across the counter and onto the floor. I tried desperately to reach it in time, but I seemed to be caught in a time warp and realized that I, too, was moving in "agonizingly slow motion". Alas!!! I didn't make it in time.

But the good news is that I have obtained a new trophy, which will be put in the mail on Wed., addressed to the lucky recipient--unless, of course, that recipient is moi. I will also post a photo of it so you can all see what it is.

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

OH MY GOODNESS...HOW HAVE YOU SLEPT AT NIGHT WITH ALL THAT GUILT?! :-) Don't worry about it, Linda...someday we'll all laugh about it. Can't wait to see a photo of our new trophy! :-)

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious...i can just picture the whole scene happening too... (i think we've all had similar incidences, but not with the coveted TROPHY!) i also can't wait to see the new one!

i hope they all forgive you, you may have to bring everyone a hawaiian bribe for forgiveness...lol

Bridget said...

we missed you tonight.
don't worry about the trophy,i didn't win anyways:)

J.L.Velez said...

You poor thing! I hope you didn't agonize too much:) Anyway, I forgive you, especially since I am the lucky winner:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

No big deal but I wish you would have said something so that we could have had a replacement for the deserving winner.