Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday, 13th

I spent some time with a new friend who is into photography. We intended to go to Makapuu Lighthouse, but by the time we got to Honolulu, the wind was pretty intense and I knew that we wouldn't be able to get sharp photos with the wind blowing like that.

So we decided to hang around Waikiki. These are just some random images.


These two appear to be homeless, but hmmmm, notice the laptop. Gotta love it. My friend spent a lot of time photographing these two and they were very friendly and cooperative. They gave her some great smiles and shakahs, but I seemed to be pointing my camera in the opposite direction each time.



Awesome sand sculpture. The artist said it took him about three hours.

Posted for Friday, 13, on Sat. 14, 2009

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

That sand sculpture is amazing...glad you were there to capture it! I really like the design made by the building...and the angle you chose. My favorite, though, was that first image of the water. I love how that little hut thing is lit up, and the lights illuminate on the water. It has great symmetry, too. Very nice!!!

Bridget said...

these are great.
i agree with trish, the first one is my favorite.the lighting in the hut and the light reflecting on the water really make it special.