Friday, February 06, 2009

Hanging at the Beach

I spent the afternoon at the beach. I wasn't on Honu duty, but that's the beach I went to. It's a great opportunity to meet the other volunteers that I haven't met yet. It was a beautiful day, there were two turtles basking and there were plenty of tourists to "watch".

This little girl is just adorable. Another "I just couldn't resist" image.

I brought my blocks to play with. One of the volunteers brought her teenage daughter, also a volunteer, and she crafted this sand turtle. Why waste a good turtle?

Another idea for the blocks.

This guy is mimicking the turtle and his girlfriend decided to pose with him.

This baby was soooo cute. He slept through everything, even his dad switching him from shoulder to shoulder. He was totally out of it.

Posted at 9:30 pm on Wed, Feb 5, 2009

4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

These are beautiful shots, I can't pick a favorite. But I wondered if you could take me some more turtle pictures. I'm in love with them!

Bridget said...

great shots nlinda!
the last one of the sleeping boy and his dad is my absolute favorite.
the light on the baby's face and the slightly tired look on the dad's face(remember how heavy a child on your shoulder can be after a while)make the photo.
the others are great too.
thanks for sharing a little pardise!

trishalyn said...

Oh, I feel warmer already! Love every one of your beach photos. How did you get that perspective on the sand turtle? Was there a tall lifeguard chair that you were up on? It looked like you were way up high looking down on the sand turtle...and I didn't think you were THAT tall! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I love the last few pictures..one of girl sitting on the guy. He looks like a character! and the dad picture is great. Nice to see some sand and sun too , so thank you.