Monday, February 02, 2009

Wandering Around the Neighborhood

I didn't go anywhere special today. I had a lot of work to do on the computer, and had to clean my room and pay attention to some bills. So I just took my camera and went for a walk around the neighborhood. These are some of the things I saw.

Remember I said I'm not too good at gardening? This is another thing I think I might be successful at. Almost a no-brainer if I could remember to water it regularly. I think it looks sweet.

Being winter in Hawaii means that there aren't too many flowers in bloom. But I did manage to find a few of these growing in a hedge at one home. They're awesome.


This one is growing in Kristine's yard. She says it's part of the gardenia family. Even though it's in the dieing stages, I think the image looks pretty interesting, and boy does it smell wonderful. I guess I never paid too much attention to gardenias before.

This little guy was just sitting on the concrete right outside the house and he stayed still enough for me to get several shots.

I love signs with personality.

And this is one of my favorites. Bird of Paradise. Not too many blooming at this time of year, but I managed to see this one in someone's yard.

Posted at 6:15 pm on Monday, Feb. 2, 2009

4 comments:

Bridget said...

i love them all.i can almost feel the warm hawaiian sun.
i can see you and your camera are happiy united again:)
great job!!!

J.L.Velez said...

I love that warm orange flower and also the lizard:) Those things are all over the place in Puerto Rico and I miss them. Do you hear any coqui in Hawaii? I heard a rumor that the coqui frog was taken there (it is only found in PR and I love the sound it makes!)

Framing Images and Memories said...

That last flower is very unique. Very nice series here. As you know a walk around our neighborhood would be snow bank after snow bank.

trishalyn said...

That last flower really DOES look like a bird! And that orange/pink flower is so beautiful, it almost looks fake! :-)