Friday, November 07, 2008

Unique Advertising

I had to go to Sharon Springs today. It was a dreary, gray day, but I came upon a sight that made me chuckle and made the drive worth it. These hay bales were in a field and I just had to stop and photograph them.


I especially love this one below. It's the one that caught my eye first, and then I noticed the others when I got out of the car.

I love being surprised by the little things that come into my life and make me laugh. I wonder if those people who were selling those pumpkins know how they brightened the day of the travelers driving by?

5 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Those are awesome shots! Very unique. There is a building in Sacramento that has a sign painted on it. It looks just like a one way sign with an arrow, except it is pointing up and says, "Sky". Your hay bales reminded me of some of the funky cool pictures out there!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Surprising images, the ones unplanned and unexpected, are so much fun. I had a similar experience today and so I can appreciate your thoughts. Nice job.

Bridget said...

very amusing.
i enjoyed your catch second hand.
thanks.

trishalyn said...

Wow...you found a treasure, too! I've seen the pumpkins done before, but never the spider. Nice find, Linda...and thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks Linda. We drove out to Cherry Valley and Sharon Springs last week and saw these, but didn't have a camera -- oops broke the first law of SPS. You got great shots, bet you had straw in your boots! Annie B.