Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Unveiling

Today is the "unveiling" of my new gadget--the one I mentioned the other day. I retrieved my newly cleaned camera from the lab yesterday, so I was able to practice a little with the new lens today. In spite of the skies being their usual dreary winter grey, I took some shots anyway. I tried to eliminate the sky, but in the third image, in order to get the effect I wanted, I wasn't able to keep the sky out. Just use your imagination and picture it (no pun intended) with a blue sky. If we ever get one again (blue sky, that is) before spring, I might try this shot again.

So the new toy is a fish-eye lens for my digital camera. It's not the same as it was for the film cameras. But with careful composition and cropping, it can still be fun. The first image is what you get with the lens. The second image is the cropped version.



4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

I love the fish eye look! Very cool stuff!

trishalyn said...

Very cool, indeed!!! I love the blue sky I'm imagining in the last shot. :-) Have fun with your new toy....though I am soooooo jealous!
:-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

As I was reading I thought that you had a fish-eye but then you reminded me that it isn't for your digital camera....anyway, have fun with it! When I got mine, the photo-lab said that it is close to a fish eye...I wonder what the difference is. If you remember, bring a fish-eye photo to our next meeting? So I can see the difference? Happy Thanksgiving.

Bridget said...

nicely done.
very creative shots.
color is beautiful