Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Uh Oh

Well, I held true to my determination to avoid all discussion or knowledge of the election proceedings last night. But when I got up this morning, I made the coffee, walked the dogs, stopped to get the newspaper out of the box in front of my house, and cried, literally. Our Founding Fathers are turning over in their graves, I'm sure. Immediately, a quote came to my mind and I checked it on the internet to make sure I quote it correctly.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

My consolation is knowing that God is still on His Throne, and that this is the path He has given us to go down, and He is still a God of mercy and grace. God Help Us Now.

Flying the American flag upside down is traditionally considered a sign of distress, as it is with all national flags. The signal is one that was used primarily in past centuries, pre 1900s, on the high seas by military and merchant marine vessels alike. While the U.S. Flag Code does permit flying the flag with the union down, it specifies only ...as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.


In recent times some have interpreted this in a much broader manner and have come to use it as a political statement, instead of a true S.O.S., which it was originally intended for.


see sidebar for SOS


We are now in a political state of extreme SOS

BTW--I believe that the blacks have just sacrificed their "racist" card. Don't want to hear any whining out of any of them about how down-trodden they are in this country.

2 comments:

Jim Murray said...

Not sure what to say!
How can anyone look at what happened on election night as anything but historical? How we must look to the rest of the world! We are truely world leaders in everything now. IT shows me what a wonderful country I live in, what great progress we have made. We have spouted so often about how advanced we are, about what an advanced country we are, but now we have proven it!
I honestly can say i have NEVER been as proud of my country as I was on Election Day 2008!

Anonymous said...

word