Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Swore I Wouldn't Do This

I swore I wouldn't wish away the Fall by thinking of Hawaii, and here I am, doing it. I was a slug today--beautiful sunny day, and I hunkered up in the house. It's cold, cold, COLD outside today. Couldn't get photographically motivated. So now it's dark, and there aren't many/any options. My strobe light is at church, my studio is a mess and I'm not inspired.

So instead of being able to WOW anyone today, I'm sitting here listening to this cd, thinking thoughts about Hawaii and getting ready to make pizza.

Thinking about it, I guess I'm really enjoying myself, listening to my favorite music (next to Country that is), thinking about my favorite place and getting ready to eat my favorite food. I'll get a grip, thank God for my blessings (of which there are many, many more) and enjoy my pizza dinner.

(By the way, the photo is so grainy because I didn't want to use my flash. It was taken at 1600 asa without flash and still had to be lightened in photoshop--which creates even more grain)

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Actually, Linda, I love the graininess of this image...that was the first thing that struck me. Glad you didn't use your flash. Sounds like you had a very cozy day...good for you!

Bridget said...

i also love the graininess.sounds like a dream day.
you made the right choice about the day.the wind was bone chilling.

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree with the others..the "noise" makes the image interesting. Ive been looking around my place for days like you encountered yesterday..you have many more interesting objects in your home.
nice job and you are still in the running!