Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Stein

I saw a photo of a beer stein in a magazine and remembered that I had one, so I decided to use it for my post today. No particular meaning, message or lesson associated with this post. I acquired the stein when I went to Europe with Leah on her National Honor Band Tour. Not knowing what else to bring back for the "guys" we left at home, I purchased a couple of these. They've been collecting dust every since 01. Oh well, I tried.

Some more trivia from "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me"
**They'll remember you if you're the best reader in class--or if you throw up at lunch.

**Don't jump out of the apple tree with cardboard wings.

**It doesn't matter how fast you're running with the football if you're going in the wrong direction.

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice shot. I like the black, simple background. My mother has some of these as German people are "big" on beer! Funny how alchohol entered both of our posts today...just with a different viewpoint.

Bridget said...

simple and beautiful.the lighting is very nice.

trishalyn said...

I love the touch of color from the inside of the subject, and also how the light falls off on the right side. You utilized K.I.S.S. very nicely! Your image evoked memories of my father. He was in Germany during the war and brought home a set of beer steins. I remember them because they also set on top of our mantle. Thanks, Linda!