Friday, November 21, 2008

A New Toy

Today I got a new toy for my camera. It took about two weeks to for the Photo Lab to get it. It fits onto a lens that's already on a camera. Because it only comes in one size, most people have to have adapter rings to attach it. The rings come with the "toy", except, that is, the size I need! So I had to buy the extra adapter. hmmmm

I was very excited about having a new gadget for my camera. But, after showing me how to get it together, Tom said, "so can you leave your camera for a few days so we can clean your sensor?" (they also had to order the gadget to clean my very dirty sensor, and it also just came in.) Oh. My. Gosh! I didn't know I'd have to leave the camera, I thought they could do it then and there, kind of like an out-patient situation. But no, I had to leave it there. Okay! I'll just use my other camera.

Oooops. Can't do that 'cause the lens is a different size and NONE of the adapters will fit it, not even the one I had to pay extra for. Sigh. So instead of posting a photo taken WITH the new "toy", you're getting a photo OF the new "toy".

Patience is a virtue.

4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Cool new toy! Too bad you can't use it just yet. On the other hand, now your pictures with be clean and perfect:)

And I used a mini tripod and self timer for my pic from Friday!

trishalyn said...

Cute story! I can just imagine how you felt when Tom asked you to leave your camera. OK...not to appear ignorant...which I am...what exactly IS your new toy?

Framing Images and Memories said...

I love new gadgets, toys, etc..so enjoy!!! Without your camera....yikes...does this mean you wont be posting daily??

Bridget said...

hopefully you will have lots more fun with your new toy in the future:)enjoy!